Wednesday, August 03, 2005

An Idea

The author Nick Hornby (High Fidelity, About a Boy, Fever Pitch) writes a column for The Believer titled, "Stuff I've Been Reading." In it, he discusses the books he's read and the books he's bought and even the books he's planning to read. I'd like to have a similar setup with this blog. I've invited several people to post here and tell us all about books they've read, music they enjoy and anything else that has inspired them recently.

I'm not much for book clubs and typically don't like discussing the books I've read. I tend to hold those thoughts inside. But I'd like to try this experiment. It would be nice to share some things. And to hear what you're reading.

I've invited a diverse group to post here. If you'd like to be permanently listed as contributor, let me know and we'll figure out how to do that (I think you'll need a blogspot ID). Or, if you're feeling shy, you can post comments anonymously. The idea isn't to criticize each other, but rather to share ideas and inspiration.

2 Comments:

At 8:30 PM , Blogger The Dark Pig said...

Currently reading Bone #1 Out From Boneville. Old School Cartooning with an adult flair.

This is what comics are supposed to be.
http://www.scholastic.com/bone/books.htm

 
At 9:43 PM , Blogger Moo R. Squiddles said...

Hey Merry, I'd be really interested in this. Currently reading all the Vonnegut I have not read. I'm on Bluebeard now. Next, I'm tackling Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home