Wednesday, October 25, 2006

On My iPod

My old iPod (a generation 3 version?) crashed a few too many times and I couldn’t bear to reload all “my music” on it, so this spring, I bought a new iPod… the video one. I’m getting worried again that I have too much stuff on it and it’ll crash and I’ll be copying disks to the pod again. But I have backed a lot of stuff up.

So, tell me what you think I should add to my eclectic collection:

Television shows: Avatar – Season 1 and Star Wars: Clone Wars

Music [Some listed by albums, some by artist]:

The Alternative Album, Vol. 2: Athlete, The Beta Band, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Blur, Caesars, Coldplay, The Dandy Warhols, Doves, Gomez, Hell Is for Heros, The Music, OK Go, Placebo, Radiohead, Starsailor, The Star Spangles, Supergrass, The Thrills, Turin Brakes, The Vines

The Alternative Album Vol 3: 22-20s, Athlete, The Bees, The Beta Band, Blur, Coldplay, The Concretes, The Dandy Warhols, Doves, Gomez, Graham Coxon, Jane's Addiction, The Music, Placebo, Radiohead, Starsailor, Steriogram, Supergrass, The Vines
[I love these albums. And I think Vol. 4 is just about to come out.]

Spider-Man 2 Soundtrack: Ana, Ataris, Dashboard Confessional, Hoobastank, JET, Jimmy Gnecco Feat. Brian May, Lostprophets, Maroon 5, Midtown, Smile Empty Soul, Taking Back Sunday, Train, Yellowcard [Part of my quest to find out what pop music is today. I want to be prepared for when my sons become teenagers, but I cannot and will not listen to The Black-Eyed Peas. I also watch the Kids Bop commercials to get an idea of what's cool and then listen on iTunes... hence, The Click Five, below. Right now my kids are really into Queen, so I think I’m OK for a little while.]

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Soundtrack: Alana Grace, Brandi Carlile, Chantal Kreviazuz, The Faders, Five for Fighting, Katy Perry, Natasha Bedingfield, Rachael Yamagata, Shannon Curfman , The Valli Girls, William Tell [I really wanted to see this movie, but I could find no other females to go with me. I tried to read the book, but was bored by it. Sigh.]

Blues Masters (Vol. 02): Postwar Chicago Blues: Baby Face Leroy Trio, Bo Diddley, Eddie Boyd, Buddy Guy, Earl Hooker, Howlin' Wolf, J.B. Lenoir, Jimmy Reed, Jimmy Rogers And His Trio, Jody Williams, Johnny Shines, Junior Wells, Little Walter And The Night Cats, Magic Sam, Muddy Waters, Otis Rush, Robert Lockwood, Jr., Sonny Boy Williamson

A: Alice In Chains, Arctic Monkeys, Audioslave
B: The Beatles, Big Head Todd & The Monsters, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Blind Melon, Blues Traveler, James Blunt [an impulse buy… shouldn’t have done it], The Byrds
C: The Carpenters, The Chieftains, The Clash [kids love them too], Kelly Clarkson, The Click Five, Cornershop, Cream, Jamie Cullum
D: Miles Davis, Dixie Chicks [I love the Dixie Chicks. Don’t say a thing about them], Doves, The Duke Spirit [a brand-new find], Bob Dylan
F: Fall Out Boy, Five for Fighting [another one of those impulse buys]
G: Gin Blossoms [new album came out this summer!], Macy Gray, Green Day, Patty Griffin, Guided By Voices
H: Emmylou Harris, Mickey Hart
L: Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd
M: The Magic Numbers, Maroon 5, Muddy Waters
N: Mark Newman [brother of someone I work with… he’s rather good], Nirvana
O, P, Q: OK Go [I listened to them before the treadmill video, found them on those Alternative Albums], Page & Plant, Pixies, Queen
R: Radiohead, The Ramones
S: Scorpions, Soundgarden, Spin Doctors, Squeeze, Stellastarr, Stone Temple Pilots, The Strokes
T: Taking Back Sunday, Temple Of The Dog, The Thrills
U, W, Y: U2, The Who, Wilco, Yellowcard

3 Comments:

At 4:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need some TAPKAE on there...

 
At 11:05 AM , Blogger Marie Drucker said...

You are absolutely right.
I had a few songs from TAPKAE's site downloaded on my at work Mac a few months ago, but I can't find them. My favorite IT guy is gone, so I'll have to do it all again myself.

 
At 9:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's kiddie play TAPKAE material. You need Receiving.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home