Tuesday, October 25, 2005

iTunes Oddness This Morning

My inspiration this morning is coming from an unlikely source: Someone else's iTunes music list.

I feel a little guilty for listening to 103204's music (for that is how I know him), but it's so goofy, I can't help myself.

When I turned on iTunes at work this morning, a music sharing icon was listed among the sources. This is the first time I've had one of those, so I clicked on it. (Yeah, curiousity killed the cat and i'm certainly running short on lives, but what the heck.) Turns out I have my preferences set to look for shared music on the network (but not to share music, though I might do that later). 103204 must have his preferences set to share music, so I've got his favorite songs.

I'm assuming 103204 is male because most of the music 95% is Indian/Bangladesh/Asian (the other 5% is a strange mix of American pop, including Wham!, John Denver, Bruce Springsteen and boy bands). And there are a group of developers in the building -- all male -- from India or Bangladesh. I forgot where. So, one of them must be on my pub's network. And I'm sharing his music.

It reminds me so much of the jukeboxes in diners (few have them any more). You put in your quarters, think you're going to hear the songs you keyed in and instead hear what some other table is playing. But it's a cool community thing too.

2 Comments:

At 12:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, so casual iTunes sharing in public is permissible now?

This country is going to hell, I swear.

 
At 11:23 AM , Blogger Marie Drucker said...

No need to worry (too much). My iPod always wears a cute, light blue prophylactic.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home